Friends Church (Quakers)
Nairobi Yearly Meeting (NYM)
Friends Church (Quakers), Nairobi Yearly Meeting was established on 3rd May 1987. The organization is a constituent member of the Friends Church in Kenya (FCK). Our Head Quarters is located at Friends International Centre, Ngong Road, Nairobi.
Our primary objective is to preach the Gospel of God’s love and salvation through Jesus Christ to all mankind. Our churches are located in most parts of Kenya. Are you looking for a church that is worshiping God in spirit and truth? Come worship with us at any of our churches.
FRIENDS CHURCH (QUAKERS) NYM
The Primary and overall objective of the Nairobi Yearly Meeting shall be to preach the Gospel of God’s love and salvation through Jesus Christ to all mankind
- The Primary and overall objective of the Nairobi Yearly Meeting shall be to preach the Gospel of God’s love and salvation through Jesus Christ to all mankind
- To make Jesus Christ known as Lord and Saviour in all its services to all people in accordance with the Quaker Statement of Faith & Practice.
- To provide spiritual guidance, care and counseling to its members, in order to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To establish and further the operation of Christian Mission Outreach work, Institutions and projects; to promote Seminars and Conferences leading to Spiritual renewal and nurture and to organize new meetings and rallies for the purpose of mobilizing, recruiting and baptizing new members in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- To train and equip men, women youth and children with Biblical training and knowledge, provide facilities for a combination of instructions, study and research for Pastors, Evangelists, Teachers and Leaders for furtherance of Pastoral care of its members.
- To establish groups, subordinate meetings in its area of jurisdiction for furtherance and strengthening of the Friends Church.
- To foster Christian growth and unity among its members.
- To promote and provide facilities for reaching out to youth and to teach, nurture and encourage youth in creative and recreational activities in furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To promote and provide financially viable projects, job creation and skills among men and women for strengthening the revenue base of Nairobi Yearly Meeting.
- To establish, maintain and operate Community Centers, Youth Camps, Schools, Colleges, Rest Homes, Hospitals and Homes for Missionaries, Cottage Industries and engage in other activities as shall be conducive to the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Quakerism.
- To own, develop, operate, sell, exchange, dispose of, manage or deal with any property both real and personal in the Republic of Kenya or elsewhere as shall be necessary, expedient and convenient in the set up and use pension and/or endowment funds for the furtherance of the objectives of Nairobi Yearly Meeting.
- To acquire by gift, donation, device or bequest, real and personal property for the use, benefit and furtherance of the purpose and objectives of Nairobi Yearly Meeting.
- To carry on the work of printers, publishers including the making, acquiring and selling of any printed matter such as books, track magazines, leaflets, music and literature compatible with the objectives and furtherance of the objectives of Nairobi Yearly Meeting.
- To provide for, create, receive, set and use pension and / or endowment funds for the furtherance of the objectives of Nairobi Yearly Meeting.
- To develop co-operation with Christian charitable or Government organisation seeking to serve the youth and community.
- To affiliate to other Church bodies or organisations within and outside Kenya.
Stephen A. Magwilu
Pastor John Davis Webere
Moses Adika Dingili
- General Superintendent – Pastor John Davis Webere
- Assistant General Superintendent – Pastor Nathan Musoga Lihanda
- Administrative Secretary – Moses Adika Dingili
The NYM Leadership
- Presiding Clerk – Stephen A. Magwilu
- Vice Presiding Clerk – Florence Musalia
- Recording Clerk – Befury Lwangu
- Reading Clerk – Fred Witaba
- Treasurer – Micheal Mbeshi
- Assistant Treasurer – Malcom Maleya
- Internal Auditor – Francis Ugango
The Commissions Chairpersons
- Mission Commission – Pastor Moses Ajega
- Constitution Commission – Alice Gulenywa
- Education Commission – Timothy Maonga
- Service Commission – Alfayo Keya
- Social Commission – Edgar Ala
- Finance & Stewardship Commission – Malcom Maleya
- Literature & Publication Commission – Wilhite Davidson Mulobi
The Church Organisation
Friends Church (Quakers), Nairobi Yearly Meeting is a church organization whose primary objective is to preach the Gospel of God’s love and salvation through Jesus Christ to all mankind. Our churches are located in most parts of Kenya.
Friends International Centre,
Ngong Road, Nairobi, Kenya
P.O. Box 8321 – 00300,