In fulfilling its vision of realizing a well-resourced, gospel preaching and Christ centered church, The Friends Church
(Quakers) Nairobi Yearly Meeting is pleased to advertise for the following vacant Positions.
The POSITION OF PASTORS – THREE (3) POST
ADVERT No. NYM/03/2021
Job Title: PASTOR
Title of immediate supervisor: General Superintendent
THE OVERALL FUNCTION
The position holder reports to the General Superintendent and the Presiding Clerk and is responsible in providing
Spiritual nourishment to members. The incumbent will implement the NYM’s Vision, Mission and Objectives whilst
upholding the Quaker Statement of Faith & practice as well as its values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be earnest in teaching the people the truth as it is in Jesus Christ
- Prepare periodic reports to the General Superintendent and local Committees
- Assist in coordination of nomination of lay leaders in the Local Church
- To enhance and maintain creative and effective fellowship among its membership.
- Perform such other duties as may be provided for.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
(a) Academic and professional qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
• A First degree in Theology from a recognized University with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in
pastoral work five (5) of it within NYM, OR,
• A Diploma in Theology from a Quaker college with over ten (10) years’ experience in pastoral work five (5)
of it within NYM.
• An “O” Level Certificate with a minimum of D+ or its equivalent
• Computer Certificate
(b) Relevant Job Experience
• Be conversant with operations of the Quaker Church setting for a period of not less than ten years
• Provide evidence that they have been performers
(c) Applicants must possess Level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
One with high Christian Morals, ability and integrity with reference to 1st Timothy 3:1-7.
• High Christian morals, ability, integrity, and dedication.
• Administrative Management
• Committed and mature Christian with excellent communication skills
• Sensitivity to work with Church leaders of the various NYM Organs
(a) Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
To qualify for consideration, a candidate must meet the minimum qualifications and requirements set out in the
attached job description. Every nominated candidate must signify their willingness to be considered for the position by
• A written Application letter,
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Certified copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Recommendation letter from the leadership of your current church.
• Copies of Church Membership Certificates, National Identity Card and Marriage Certificate.
• Certificates from Friends Theological College will be an added advantage.
The CV must, among other relevant issues, disclose the following:
1. Personal Testimony and Ministry experience highlights
2. Address and day time contact
4. Marital status
5. Work experience
6. Statement on areas of interest and competence relevant to the job
7. Names and addresses of two referees.
Terms of Service: On five-year (5) contract basis.
The successful candidate will be remunerated in line with existing remuneration structures of NYM and terms and
conditions of service.
(i) Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect
information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert
should not be included.
(ii) Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
(iv) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and
professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
(v) It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
(vi) Applications should reach the NYM in a sealed envelope and quote the advert number on the top right hand
corner of the envelope.
(vii) Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and delivered at the Friends Church (Quakers) Nairobi
yearly Meeting Central Office at Friends International Centre Ngong Road on or before 04th June 2021, latest 5.00 pm
(East African Time).
The Presiding Clerk
Friends Church (Quakers) NYM
Friends International Centre, Ngong Road
P.O. Box 8321-00300